Monday, June 20, 2011

For real, for real

I'm watching Amercia's Got Talent. Don't ask me why. Tonight, there's a man, who calls himself "Alaska," freestyle dancing to impress the judges.

Thanks, TV Guide







I'm not sure whether to be annoyed or be hip to the irony that is this guys' performance. Skipping the fact that he's dressed like a teenage girl, his dance itself mocks the very existence of professional choreography and dance as art. As I watch more amateurs butcher the crafts of comedy, magic, music and… is "variety" an art?… I'm beginning to wonder what's irony and what's just silly. I feel the same way about some of the things I glue together.

Either way, I've got some free art for you! These buttons and magnets will be given away (first-come, first-take) at the show.
Come on down.
















Here's a close-up of a magnet:

No comments:

Post a Comment