Monday, January 25, 2010

Timing is Everything

Living just outside the Capital Beltway, I know that I will be severely less angry during the day if I leave after the HOV lanes are open. For those of you unfamiliar with the DC-Metro area, let me share with you the formula for calculating how long it will take to get from point A to point B:


B – A = amount of cars x drivers who are still technically asleep + how badly you need to be on time (squared)–zooming down the shoulder at great risk of being chased by state police


Too bad Nostradamus checked out almost 450 years ago––we could sure use his predictions about how long it will take to finish the Hot Lanes


All complaints aside, I'm enjoying November as a time to catch up on things I've been meaning to do. Last year it was Nanowrimo (watch for the publication of my unedited novel!) this year it's blog time. I plan to showcase a few of my designs, plug things I like and generally share a lump of Sarah-thoughts with people who have time to follow link after link on the the Internet as a way to get through the day.


I get through the day by thinking about the loveliness of Holland Cox products. Here's a card Valerie and I designed:





No comments:

Post a Comment